We are now seeking candidates for the following position:
The Managing Director oversees strategic and business decisions for Theatre Seven of Chicago.
- Manages company personnel and payroll
- Sets project and season budgets
- Creates season and production calendars
- Maintains relationship with PR firms, and creates marketing plans for the season and for specific productions; manages advertising and e-blast efforts, and website updates
- Creates ticketing strategy, leads the development and implementation of special offers, maintains accurate ticket inventory and historical ticket sales data
- Maintains patron database with extant software
- Manages specific fundraising appeals and donor correspondence
- Attends and participates in Board Meetings; works with the Board president to set agendas and goals
- Sets grant goals for foundation, corporate, and government giving
- Maintains legal insurance, file all tax paperwork
- Supervises interns and junior staff
Bachelor’s degree required; a minimum of 1 year of experience in theater or other arts administrative offices preferred. Working knowledge of the Chicago theater community preferred. Candidates must have a computer. Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, project management skills; familiarity with office procedures; and fluency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
18-25 hours per week, with some nights and weekend work during production runs. Ability to work from home; a vehicle is helpful but not necessary.
Theatre Seven of Chicago is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 15, 2013.